If you need help, please click here:
A power grid’s reliability and quality directly impacts economic activities and resident daily life. While an automated distribution network solves essential issues in linking power supplies with demand, older grids make this connection difficult. The aging devices and lines, as well as improperly distributed grids cause high line loss and low power quality. Without Distribution Automation (DA), grid devices cannot be effectively monitored, which is problematic as grids have weak self-healing capabilities. DA’s many devices and complicated settings require high communications reliability and low latency.
Huawei’s solution, with leading ICT technologies such as xPON, eLTE, industrial Ethernet switches, and GPRS/3G, makes DA possible on existing grids.
xPON-Based Dedicated DA Communications Network Solution
Recommended for urban areas that have optical-fiber resources such as CBDs, and for high-tech industrial development zones:
• Active and standby failover and independent dual-uplinks provide reliable DA services in areas with heavy power loads
• Comprehensive security for DA services with features such as prevention of eavesdropping and MAC spoofing
• Maximum communication bandwidth of 2.5 Gbit/s over a distance of 20 kilometers enhances DA service transmission
eLTE-Based, Dedicated DA Communications Network Solution
Recommended for urban areas such as old, depreciated residential neighborhoods with unfavorable conditions (difficult site acquisition, high costs) for installing optical-fiber resources. This flattened IP network architecture reduces the number of network nodes and latency:
• Without optical-fiber resources, eLTE can still expand capacity by deploying additional CPEs and updating service data, thus simplifying network construction and maintenance
• QoS-controlled dynamic bandwidth allocates resources based on priorities, ensuring the smooth operation of mission-critical services such as relay protection and remote control
• Two-way authentication, UTRAN encryption, and signaling integrity protection measures ensure the reliability and security of the communications network.
IEC61968 and IEC61970-compliant master station, achieves data sharing and eliminates information silos.
Wired-Wireless coverage for all DA scenarios, meets complex power distribution needs.
IEC61850-3 and IEEE1613-compliant communication terminals fulfill power distribution application requirements.
The AR502 is an all-in-one Internet of Things (IoT) access gateway that offers robust short-distance wireless communication capabilities and supports dual-link backhaul, ensuring End to End (E2E) IoT data security. This device is well suited for a range of power scenarios, from distribution to metering.
SmartAX EA5801 is a compact and low-density box-shaped Optical Line Terminal (OLT). It provides Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON) or 10-Gigabit-Capable Passive Optical Network (XG-PON) and GPON Combo access, supporting Passive Optical LAN (POL) and Fiber-To-The Home (FTTH) solutions.
DBS3900 is a private network access device for eLTE broadband access solutions, supporting mainstream LTE frequency bands. Featuring a modular structure — with the baseband control unit and Radio Frequency (RF) module deployed separately — a compact size, low power consumption, flexible installation, and fast deployment, the DBS3900 applies to a wide range of scenarios.