[Tokyo, Japan, June 14, 2023] At the Interop Tokyo 2023, Japan's largest ICT exhibition, Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud-native gateway won the Best of Show Award Grand Prize in the Enterprise & Cloud (Cloud Infrastructure) category, becoming the only award-winning product in this category. This accolade is testimony to the excellent reception of Huawei NetEngine AR6700V in the cloud infrastructure market.
Huawei NetEngine AR6700V won the Best of Show Award Grand Prize in the Enterprise & Cloud (Cloud Infrastructure) category at the Interop Tokyo 2023
The Best of Show Award Grand Prize — the biggest award at the Interop Tokyo 2023 — is bestowed by a panel of world-renowned ICT experts and thought leaders, who sift through hundreds of finalist proposals to single out the best players in product innovation, technology, commercial value, and other fields.
Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud-native gateway was highly praised by the panel of judges for its architectural innovation and technical advantages. Due to these factors, Huawei NetEngine AR6700V won the Grand Prize in the Enterprise & Cloud (Cloud Infrastructure) category, becoming the only award-winning product in this category.
As more services move to the cloud, the number of applications and traffic volume explode. Against this backdrop, enterprise infrastructure and services need to become cloud-based, in turn posing higher requirements on WANs. That's where Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud-native gateway with cloud-native architecture comes in. This product builds on Huawei's industry-leading, constantly evolving IP and security capabilities. More importantly, it leverages cutting-edge technologies — such as cloud-native architecture resource pooling, shuffle sharding, and multi-copy data management — to enable reliable multi-tenant operations and elastic scaling. When flexibly deployed in a public cloud or private cloud environment, NetEngine AR6700V can function as the cloud access gateway for enterprise branches or the point of presence (PoP) gateway for one hop to the cloud.
Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud-native gateway integrates diverse functions such as routing, switching, VPN, and QoS, and stands out with software and hardware decoupling, easy service deployment, and intelligent O&M. It extends enterprise networks to the cloud, implements management policies consistent with enterprise networks, and supports multi-link traffic steering and application-based intelligent traffic steering in SD-WAN scenarios. This helps to optimize enterprises' cloud access paths and improve experience of enterprise users in accessing cloud services. With all these features, NetEngine AR6700V is instrumental in the transformation from conventional enterprise WAN networks to SD-WAN networks.
• Cloud-native architecture that supports elastic scaling and delivers industry-leading SD-WAN performance
• Independent deployment of the control and data planes, isolating faults and minimizing the failure domain
• Pooling of distributed resources, further isolating failure domains
• Non-stop routing (NSR) on the control plane and N-Way redundancy on the data plane, improving system and tenant service reliability
• Shuffle sharding for tenant services and randomly distributed storage of multi-copy tenant data, isolating tenant services and enhancing reliability
• Fast fault detection and per-tenant traffic load balancing, improving tenant service reliability
• Deployed to quickly establish tunnels between branches and the cloud, thanks to its diverse tunneling technologies such as VXLAN and SD-WAN
• Deployed on a public cloud or private cloud as a cloud access gateway to extend enterprise networks to the cloud
• Deployed as a PoP node to implement one-hop cloud access for enterprise branches
Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud-native gateway has been successfully applied to scenarios such as carrier networks, managed service provider (MSP) networks, and China's "East Data & West Computing" program. It supports various networking topologies, implements seamless switchover and efficient management of cloud services, and improves network management efficiency and cloud service experience.
The awarding of the Grand Prize not only testifies to the excellent performance and innovative technologies of Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud native gateway, but also reflects Huawei's leading position and technical strength in the cloud infrastructure field. In the future, Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V cloud native gateway will continue to evolve and make greater contributions to the development and application of the cloud native field.
For more information about Huawei's NetEngine AR6700V, visit: https://e.huawei.com/en/products/routers/netengine-ar6700v.