Enterprise products, solutions & services
[Shanghai, China, June 3, 2021] At the Robotic Infrastructure Upgrade for Finance forum of the Huawei Intelligent Finance Summit 2021 held in Shanghai, Gu Yunbo, Vice President of Huawei Enterprise Optical Domain, delivered a keynote speech titled "Moving Towards All-Optical Financial Era". According to Mr. Gu, Huawei Intelligent OptiX Network solution helps the financial industry upgrade every aspect of its infrastructure networks to improve service experience for customers. In particular, Huawei, together with Guilin Bank, released a corresponding sub-solution for financial campuses — Huawei Campus OptiX solution.
（Gu Yunbo, Vice President of Enterprise Optical Domain, Huawei）
With the rapid digital transformation of the financial industry, the stability, security, and intelligence of network infrastructure becomes increasingly important. What's more, existing financial networks are facing many new challenges, such as high bandwidth required for cloud-based evolution, high security requirements from cross-industry ecosystem partners, and high O&M workload brought by a swarm of smart terminals. "Huawei Intelligent OptiX Network solution consists of three sub-solutions: Huawei DC OptiX, Huawei Single OptiX, and Huawei Campus OptiX," explained Mr. Gu in his speech. "With ultra-high bandwidth, physical isolation, and simple O&M, the solution enables comprehensive upgrade of financial network infrastructure and brings TechFin into the all-optical era".
As more financial transactions are taking place online, financial cloud construction is gaining momentum, and inter-DC financial data traffic is increasing. This, in turn, is driving up data center interconnection speeds to the Tbit level. Huawei DC OptiX solution provides industry-leading bandwidths, realizes proactive O&M, and supports precise fiber fault locating. According to Mr. Gu, this solution has two advantages. First, it uses fiber with bandwidths of up to 88 Tbit/s to transmit massive financial data, and supports various interface types and rates such as Ethernet and SAN to significantly reduce fiber leasing costs. Second, it can forecast whether the health of fibers will be compromised several weeks in advance with an accuracy up to 90% based on digital modeling on the physical optical network and intelligent algorithms. This helps IT engineers — who most likely do not have a financial background — to easily maintain financial networks. This solution has obtained various security and compatibility certifications from BSI CC, EANTC SAN, and NCTC, which proves its capability of safeguarding financial cloudification.
In the digital economy era, real-time financial transactions have become a basic service requirement of financial enterprises such as banks, securities, and futures institutions. The massive data generated by financial branches every day needs to be transmitted with ultra-low latency and high security. Huawei Single OpitX solution introduces the optical slicing technology to ensure secure and isolated transmission of various kinds of financial data, meet strict financial security regulation requirements, and support real-time financial transactions and data sharing. This solution replicates the advantages of hard pipe physical isolation in the SDH technology while making the following innovations:
• The ultra-high bandwidth of fibers is divided into multiple isolated frequency slices to allocate exclusive channels to various services in financial systems, preventing interference and network congestion while meeting differentiated security requirements of different services.
• The OSU technology simplifies the protocol encapsulation and reduces the number of network layers from three to two. Compared with the SDH technology, the OSU technology reduces the latency of a single device by 30%, achieving microsecond-level ultra-low latency in financial services.
• The solution features a converged architecture to simultaneously carry small-granularity services while providing ultra-high bandwidth. Based on service requirements to cope with burst financial data traffic, the granularity of optical slicing can be adjusted from 2M to 100G in real time while ensuring lossless traffic.
To meet requirements of smart bank app cloudification and rapid access service growth in financial campuses, Huawei Campus OptiX solution adopts an innovative and simplified architecture to deliver the following benefits:
• Copper cables are replaced with fibers and active switches are replaced with passive splitters, eliminating the need for building extra-low voltage rooms and reducing power consumption by 30%. In addition, traditional multi-layer networks are flattened and simplified to two layers to support vertical traffic for fast and flexible cloud access.
• The photoelectric composite technology makes it easier to power Wi-Fi devices, and extends fibers to various terminals in financial campuses.
• OLT devices in central offices manage and authenticate ONUs in a centralized manner to isolate IoT systems, office systems, and production systems in financial campuses and ensuring financial data security.
Huawei Intelligent OptiX Network solution has already been adopted by 200 financial institutions and six of the world's top 10 banks. For example, Huawei DC OptiX solution helps the Bank of Communications to realize zero data loss in its disaster recovery system, and Huawei Campus OptiX solution helps Guilin Bank to extend gigabit fiber broadband to the desktop while improving office communication efficiency by 60%.
As a key contributor to the optical industry, Huawei provides innovative optical communications and IT technologies to help the financial industry go digital and provide ubiquitous financial services for customers.