Enterprise products, solutions & services
[Shenzhen, China, May 21, 2020] At the Global Analyst Summit 2020, Huawei took a significant step forward in campus networking by launching CloudCampus 2.0, its latest campus network solution. Standing out with intelligent upgrades in connectivity, experience, and O&M, this future-proof solution helps enterprises of all sizes to build gigabit fully-wireless smart campus networks and accelerate the connectivity of everything in enterprise campuses.
More than 90% of office and production activities take place in enterprise headquarters and branch campuses, according to Huawei's enterprise business market insights. And as more office and production terminals go wireless, a growing number of latency-sensitive and bandwidth-hungry applications need to be carried on the same campus network. Traditional campus networks, however, are incapable of ensuring bandwidth per user, guaranteeing the quality of key services, or quickly locating user and application experience faults. It is these pain points that are hindering the digital transformation of campuses. As such, building an intelligent campus network is the sustainable way that enterprises can connect everything in their campuses and accelerate their digital transformation.
Super capacity for Gigabit fully-wireless speeds and beyond
The fully-wireless access of campus terminals is no longer just a trend; rather, it is the go-to for early-adopter enterprises on their digital transformation journey, significantly improving office and operational efficiencies. Additionally, we are seeing a growth in popularity of bandwidth-hungry and latency-sensitive applications, such as 4K, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), cloud storage, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and cloud collaboration. This trend means that campus networks will soon be expected to be fully-wireless while delivering speeds of 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps anytime, anywhere.
In response, Huawei has launched a full lineup of all-new, high-bandwidth, and high-performance wired and wireless network devices. These new additions are able to help enterprises of any size to build a campus network that delivers a peak rate of over 1 Gbps per terminal and continuous network connections anytime, anywhere.
• Wireless access layer: Huawei AirEngine 8760 is the industry's only Wi-Fi 6 AP to support 16 spatial streams and deliver 10.75 Gbps throughput, fully meeting high-density and high-bandwidth demands of modern offices.
• Wired access layer: Huawei's all-new CloudEngine S series multi-GE switches (CloudEngine S5732-H) provide up to 48 ports capable of GE, 2.5GE, 5GE, and 10GE speeds and allow on-demand rate upgrades through software. This protects customers' investments while fully meeting the high-speed switching requirements of Wi-Fi 6 networks.
• Aggregation and core layers: Huawei CloudEngine S12700E provides 40-port 25GE line cards with a large buffer of 4 GB and combines these advantages with HQoS to ensure uncompromised experience of key users and applications.
Intelligent experience for continuous self-organizing networking (CSON) and assurance of key applications at any time
As campus networks carry an increasing number of key services, user and service experience on the network has a direct impact on the operational and collaboration efficiencies of enterprises. Huawei's CloudCampus 2.0 Solution responds to this by introducing AI technologies to the entire network and fully leveraging Huawei's 5G technologies to help enterprises:
• Intelligently learn of network environment changes, automatically optimize and reduce co-channel interference of wireless networks, and improve wireless network performance. As verified by Tolly, Huawei's intelligent radio calibration feature improves network-wide performance by 58%.
• Intelligently and automatically detect terminal roaming and achieve device-pipe synergy to push down the packet loss rate to near-zero. According to tests conducted in Huawei labs, the roaming success rate of Huawei smart terminals soars to 100% on a wireless network built with Huawei's AirEngine Wi-Fi 6 products.
• Intelligently detect application types and dynamically adjust resources on the entire network. Resources are reserved for key users and applications to ensure uncompromised experience for key applications, even when unexpected congestion occurs.
Autonomous driving for service provisioning and fault remediation in minutes
Rapid service rollout is the key for enterprises to succeed in the market. Traditionally, it takes weeks or even months to deploy a campus network consisting of thousands of Wi-Fi APs and campus switches.
To address this, Huawei's CloudCampus 2.0 Solution introduces AI-based iMaster NCE and CampusInsight to roll out networks and services in minutes.
• Minute-level network rollout: Built on the Autonomous Driving Network (ADN) architecture, Huawei's solution uses only one system to centrally manage LAN, WAN, and WLAN networks. New branches, buildings, and warehouse networks, to name a few, can be automatically deployed regardless of their size and location, greatly shortening the time to provision digital services.
• Minute-level fault remediation: Huawei's solution adopts an AI-based intelligent O&M system to continuously analyze the experience of each user, in each application, and at each moment on the entire campus network. In particular, the new wired and wireless network knowledge base (containing more than 100 fault inference rules) and optimized fault locating algorithms can proactively identify root causes and automatically locate and rectify faults before user complaints.
"We are pursuing full-wireless campus networks that fully meet the office and production demands of enterprises and, more importantly, serve all places in our cities to redefine our life, office, and travel experience," said Li Xing, President of the campus network domain of Huawei's Datacom Product Line. "In this way, we will step into a gigabit fully-wireless intelligence era. These expectations align perfectly with the goals of the Huawei CloudCampus 2.0 Solution, with its comprehensively upgraded architecture and products."
He then went on to say: "We will continue to help customers build a future-proof campus network that features super capacity, intelligent experience, and autonomous driving. By adopting the intelligent campus network architecture, we will, as always, bring customers a digital network that delivers ultra-fast experience."
Since its commercial use in 2017, Huawei's CloudCampus Solution has been serving customers across industries in more than 100 countries and regions. In January 2020, Huawei's CloudCampus Solution was named a "Customers' Choice" by Gartner Peer Insights. With the latest CloudCampus 2.0, Huawei will continue to help players across industries to build digital-ready networks that meet the needs of enterprises today and tomorrow.