A select range of switches and AirEngine Wi-Fi 6 APs are now available on discount — order before December 31 and they'll be delivered to your door within 2 weeks.
If you need help, please click here:
HUAWEI ECO-CONNECT EUROPE 2021 (hereinafter referred to as “HCE 2021”) is an event organized through the online platform of https://e.huawei.com/topic/hce/en/index.html (hereinafter the “Platform”) by Huawei Technologies Dusseldorf GmbH, a company duly incorporated and exists under the laws of Germany, and its registered office located at Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" or "our"). This year, we offer both online and offline sessions after your online registration.
Within the HCE 2021, DigitALL Night 2021 will be held offline this year after your online registration. This is a session for university students studying STEM or ICT topics, or any young people in Europe with an interest in technology and digital life & work, who have reached the age of 18 years old. Registered Participants are able to join in other sessions of the HCE 2021 as well.
We take your privacy seriously, and take all appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the industry's well-established safety standards. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1) Event Registration and notification: You can choose to join the HCE 2021 including the DigitALL Night 2021 session and register online. In order to generate a personal account and approve the registration through email for the Participants we need to process below personal data, without which we can’t properly register you for either the online or offline events:
This processing is based on performance of contract of providing you the session in the HCE 2021 at your choice of participation.
2) Viewing of Webcast: in order to enable your access to the online webcast and make it suitable for your device, your IP address and Device type (PC/Mobile) will be processed, based on performance of contract. The processing is applicable for online participants. Without such data, the webcasts cannot be properly presented on your screen.
3) Live Interactions: to make every Participant feel engaged, the Platform additionally offers Live Interaction area for Participants to share views during the webcast in an anonymized way. For this purpose, we need to process your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion. The processing is applicable for online participants and necessary for the Live Interaction services and based on performance of contract. You can choose not to use such services by not submitting any of your comments..
4) Improvement of the Event: in order to better infer the preference of Participants, verify and improve the quality of webcast contents accordingly, we will analyze the following data of Participants:
This processing is applicable for all participants and viewers, and based on our legitimate interest.
5) Survey: when participating the HCE 2021 online or in the offline venue, the Participants will receive pop-up requests of survey or be disseminated the hardcopy of survey relevant to the topics, either about the technologies or about your career planning. If you choose to conduct the survey, your personal account and the registration data connected, will be processed with your valued opinions and comments submitted. This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants and based on our legitimate interest.
6) Project Approaching: based on your Survey feedback and your consent therein, we would further contact business participants for workshop, POC or ordering requests. In such cases, your requests connected to your personal account will be needed. This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants and based on your consent. You can exercise your right of withdrawal through the same contact channel when we contact you or according to section 4 of this statement.
7) Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM: after obtaining your consent during the online registration, we will email the promotion contents to your preferences
This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants, and is based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent through the “Unsubscribe” option in any of EDM Email or according to section 4 of this statement.
8) Technical Support: In case of abnormal technical trouble during the HCE 2021, you can contact our Technical Support team for further support (email@example.com). Your personal account, and other personal data related to the detailed issues you encountered can be processed. This processing is based on performance of contract. Without such personal data, we can’t provide you the necessary technical support.
9) Talent Pool for Students: If you register as a student participant through the DigitALL Night 2021 session, and based on your consent, we would use your Email, First Name and Last Name, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, Telephone (optional), time of graduation, your interested topics (optional), and the source from which you know our session (optional), to file and further contact you for recruitment purposes. You have the right you in our talent pool to withdraw your consent as described in Section 4 of this statement.
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We are committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
The data retain period may vary with scenario and service. After the retention period expires, we will erase or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise agreed in this Statement or required by laws and regulations.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Category||Retention period|
|Event Registration and notification||For business participants
Your First Name, Last Name, Telephone (optional), Country/Region, Company, Job Title, Industry
|For student participants
Your Email, First Name and Last Name, Country/Region, University/Institution, field of study, telephone (optional)
|Viewing of Webcast||Your IP address and Device type (PC/Mobile)||2 Years|
|Live Interactions||Your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion||2 Years|
|Improvement of the Event||Your IP Location, Enter Time, Leave Time, Duration, Device type (PC/Mobile)||2 Years|
|For student participants
Your personal account accompanied with, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, entering and leaving time, how did you know about digital night
|Survey||Your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion||2 Years|
|Project Approaching||Your POC requirement and Project requirement connected to your personal account||2 Years|
|Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM||For business participants
Your Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, your interested session, and Industry
|Until you withdraw consent|
|For student participants
Your Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/ Region, University/ Institution name, field of Study
|Technical Support||Your personal account, and other personal data related to the detailed technical troubles you encountered||2 Years|
|Talent Pool for Student||Your Email, First Name and Last Name, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, Telephone||Until you withdraw consent|
1) Disclosure out of the EU/EEA.
|Scenarios/purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose||Cross-border transfer involved||Mechanism for cross-border transfer|
Event management and Technical support
|We procured server supplier who also provide registration service. The supplier deployed the server in
Singapore, so all of your data processed for the above purposes (other than forming a talent pool) will be in
Other than conducting Technical Support by the technicians of such server supplier from China as descripted above, the supplier has not authorization to access the personal data stored on their server.
|Yes||We comply with applicable legal requirements for providing adequate safeguards by incorporating
the [EU Commission standard data protection model clauses] in such transfer.
You can request for a copy through the Privacy Portal.
|Viewing of Webcast
||To verify you are registered Participants and delivery webcast, your email address will be shared from Singapore to our webcast supplier in China.||Yes|
|Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM||To serve business participants, we use the EDM service supplier who deployed system in China, so all of your relevant data will be transferred from the server in Singapore to China, while only the system administrator has authorized to access to the data stored in China.
|Talent Pool for Students||We use the iJob system deployed in China, to upload and store your relevant data. Then local Huawei affiliates will have access based on your country/region for further recruitment.||Yes|
2) Disclosure within the EU/EEA.
|Scenarios/purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose|
|Event Registration||(1) For participants of online session: To share the status of registration, and attract more participants, we only disclose the number of registrants and anonymized information of participants to our local affiliates.
(2) For participants (business & student) of offline session: this year we have offline venue for the HCE 2021. In order to have our local affiliates in EU/EEA to coordinate offline participants on our behalf, we will disclose your data provided for registration.
|Live Interactions||To verify and improve the performance of HCE 2021, we generate and share the statistic report or evaluation of the HCE 2021, and share to our local business team in EU/EEA.|
|Improvement of the Event|
|Survey||(1) For participants of online session: we generate and share the statistic report or evaluation of the HCE 2021, and share to our local business team in EU/EEA.
(2) For participants of offline session (business & student): we will have our local affiliates in EU/EEA to collect your survey feedback on our behalf and transfer to us.
|Project Approaching based on consent in Survey||To respond your request of workshop, POC or ordering in the Survey and share with you more about our products, solutions and services, the relevant data will be shared to our customer development suppliers, and then to Huawei local MKT team or Huawei channel partners in EU/EEA.
|EDM for business participants||Provide you the local customized promotions, all the local affiliates will have access to your information in EDM system|
|EDM for student participants||All the local affiliates in EU/EEA will have access to the participants who subscribed EDM, so as to send out tailored promotion email in local language.|
(2) Exceptional disclosures related to legal proceedings or business transactions
We may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on an applicable law or in connection with legal proceeding or process.
Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to Huawei affiliates or the third-parties.
You can enter into the Privacy Portal to exercise your rights of data subject as listed below:
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to you. For example, if we are aware of a personal data breach concerning your, we may attempt to contact you in various method.
We value your opinions. If you have questions or comments related to this privacy statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through our Privacy Portal.
You can also contact us regarding the HCE 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement as we may change it from time to time. If we make changes to this Statement, we will notify you by an appropriate method.
Last updated: Sep 2021