Industry-Leading Ultra-Broadband Platform
The ultra-broadband converged transport platform accommodates the need for large-capacity, full-scenario service access. Available in high-density, large-capacity models as well as compact subcard-equipped variants, customers can choose the option best suited to significantly reduce their O&M costs and save space.
SRv6-based Intelligent Connection
Segment Routing IPv6 (SRv6)-based intelligent connections can access numerous addresses and, together with NCE, automatically establish seamless cross-domain service connections, enable one-hop access to the cloud, and guarantee both application and tenant-level SLAs. With a first-mover advantage in both the finance and OTT sectors, Huawei continues to lead and innovate in the SRv6 field, dominating the evolution of next-generation protocols.
Combining management, control, and analysis, NCE implements in-depth network status monitoring and full-lifecycle automation. Adopting Topology Independent Loop-free Alternate Fast Re-Route (TI-LFA), NCE can implement 50 ms protection switching in any topology, significantly simplifying network protection. The combination of the SR-MPLS TE Policy and iCAN algorithms implements network-wide traffic optimization, achieving optimal efficiency for resource use across the network. iFIT and RCAM algorithms are interworked to detect flow-specific faults in real time, locate them in seconds, and implement network self-healing in minutes. Full-lifecycle automation enables enterprise customers to build autonomous driving networks.
Powerful Multi-Service Capabilities
The NetEngine 8000 provides a wide range of features with strong service processing capabilities to meet the service requirements of various scenarios, such as IP/MPLS transport networks, vertical networks, DCI, and campus and DC network egress. The NetEngine 8000 supports the following functions:
• Powerful routing capabilities: The NetEngine 8000 supports large routing tables and RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGPv4, and multicast routing protocols. Simple text and ciphertext authentication are also supported, in addition to fast route convergence, to ensure network stability and security in complex routing environments.
• Strong service transport capabilities: Facilitating the deployment of L2VPN, L3VPN, and MVPN simultaneously on a network, with TE, the NetEngine 8000 also supports selective 802.1Q-in-802.1Q (QinQ) and GRE. Boasting both conventional and emerging technology, all transport requirements are satisfied when converging multi-services.
• Numerous and scalable multicast capabilities: IPv4/IPv6 multicast protocols are fully supported, including the Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM), PIM - Source Specific Multicast (PIM-SSM), Multicast Listener Discovery Version 1 (MLDv1), MLDv2, Internet Group Membership Protocol Version 3 (IGMPv3), and IGMP snooping. Video services such as IPTV can also be flexibly carried, satisfying multicast service requirements on various networks.
Complete QoS Mechanism
Providing extensive QoS capabilities, including cutting-edge queue scheduling and congestion control algorithms, the NetEngine 8000 carries out accurate multi-level scheduling for data flows, satisfying the quality requirements of users and services of different SLAs.
The following QoS scheduling mechanisms are supported:
• Five-level hierarchical QoS (HQoS) on the access side, satisfying the differentiated and diversified service requirements of access users.
• MPLS HQoS on the network side, providing QoS for MPLS VPN, VLL, and PWE3 services
These carefully designed QoS mechanisms enable the NetEngine 8000 to excel in network resource allocation and provide a network-wide service quality solution capable of meeting the requirements of a wide range of services, each with their own priorities.
Future-Oriented IPv6-Compatible Solution
The NetEngine 8000 offers support for IPv6 static routes and various IPv6 routing protocols, including OSPFv3, IS-ISv6, and BGP4+. In addition, a large number of IPv6 FIB entries are supported, as well as IPv6 terminal access, IPv6 ACLs, and IPv6 policy-based routing, laying the foundation for a smooth IPv4 to IPv6 transition. The NetEngine 8000 also supports the IPv4/IPv6 dual stack and IPv4-to-IPv6 transition technologies for communication between IPv4 and IPv6 networks, and also between separate IPv6 networks, to enhance network expandability.
High-Precision 1588v2 Clock Solution
• IEEE 1588v2 (Standard for a Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control Systems) defines the Precision Time Protocol (PTP), and can achieve time and frequency synchronization with sub-microsecond accuracy.
• The 1588v2 standard enables time and frequency synchronization capable of meeting the requirements of G.813. Specifically, an accuracy of 100 ns meets the requirements of wireless and LTE networks, with the time jitter among multiple nodes (fewer than 30 nodes) being less than 1 µs, allowing for large-scale networking. External clock sources are prioritized to provide clock protection. A device automatically selects an external clock source as its reference point based on parameters, such as the priorities of external clock sources and the number of hops between itself and external clock sources. If the best source fails or its clock priority is changed, the device automatically selects the second-best external clock source as its new reference. A clock switchover on a single NE is performed within 200 ns, improving clock reliability.
• NCE provides GUI-based clock management.
All-Round Reliability Solution
The NetEngine 8000 provides protection at the service, equipment, and network levels in a multi-level reliability solution. Laying the groundwork for enterprise service interconnection, and with 99.999% system availability, enterprise service reliability requirements are satisfied.
• Device-level reliability: Redundancy for key components is facilitated, which support both hot swap and hot backup. Non-stop routing (NSR) and non-stop forwarding (NSF) technologies ensure uninterrupted service transmission.
• Network-level reliability: The NetEngine 8000 utilizes a number of technologies to provide network-level reliability. These include: IP fast reroute (FRR), Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) FRR, VPN FRR, TE FRR, MPLS hot standby, fast route convergence for IGP, BGP, and multicast, Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), trunk load balancing and active/standby backup, BFD, Ethernet OAM, and damping techniques for routing protocols, ports, and VLANs. The NetEngine 8000 also provides an end-to-end protection switching speed of 200 ms with no service interruption.
• Service-level reliability: The NetEngine 8000 provides extensive service-level redundancy with no service interruption by leveraging VPN FRR, E-VRRP, VLL FRR, Ethernet OAM, PW redundancy, and E-Trunk for L2VPNs and L3VPNs.
• Dual-device hot backup: 1+1 or 1:1 hot backup is implemented for multicast services.
Comprehensive OAM Technologies
The NetEngine 8000 provides point-to-point Connectivity Fault Management (EFM) OAM in compliance with 802.3ah and connectivity fault management (CFM) OAM in compliance with 802.1ag. Ethernet performance is managed in compliance with Y.1731 to measure the latency, jitter, and packet loss ratio. Performance measurement can be configured as a scheduled task and works with NCE to generate network performance statistics reports. The NetEngine 8000 supports advanced hierarchical networking and HVPN technology for mobile transport networks, particularly future-oriented LTE networks, guaranteeing efficiency, security, and reliability. The L3-to-edge solution improves maintenance efficiency by allowing end-to-end and segment-by-segment fault locating of IP base stations.
With the help of NCE (IP Domain), the NetEngine 8000 monitors network operation in real time, determines whether the network forwarding capacity complies with user-signed SLAs, and allows for SDH-like OAM, including service monitoring, intelligent alarm mechanisms, and accurate fault locating. All-round and in-depth performance monitoring is also conducted, greatly reducing network maintenance costs.
The NetEngine 8000 is designed to be environment-friendly and energy-conserving.
Significantly improved power utilization: In addition to an industry-leading cooling and energy-conserving system, featuring advanced ventilation, optimal heat dissipation, intelligent fans, and an intelligent partition power supply design, the NetEngine 8000 can automatically sense and adjust temperatures in real-time.
Significantly reduced power consumption: Equipped with Huawei's proprietary Solar chipsets with integrated chip density, the NetEngine 8000 intelligently adjusts the frequency and rotation speed of the fans, ensuring a competitive advantage in areas of energy conservation.