If you need help, please click here:
HUAWEI ECO-CONNECT EUROPE 2020 (hereinafter referred to as “HCE 2020”) is an event organized through the online platform of https://e.huawei.com/topic/hce2020/en/index.html (hereinafter the “Platform”) by Huawei Technologies Dusseldorf GmbH, a company duly incorporated and exists under the laws of Germany, and its registered office located at Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" or "our").
Within the HCE 2020, we also offer DigitALL Night 2020, a session for university students studying STEM or ICT topics, or any young people in Europe with an interest in technology and digital life & work, who have reached the age of 18 years old. Registered Participants are able to join in other sessions of the HCE 2020 as well.
We take your privacy seriously, and take all appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the industry's well-established safety standards.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Definitions, Art. 4 GDPR).
1) Event Registration and notification: in order to generate a personal account and approve the registration through email for the Participants:
You can choose to join the HCE 2020 including the DigitALL Night 2020 session or not, but once you do, without such
personal data, we can’t properly register you for the online exhibitions or webcasts.
2) Viewing of Webcast: in order to enable your access to the online webcast and make it suitable for your device, your IP address and Device type (PC/Mobile) will be processed, based on performance of contract. Without such data, the webcasts cannot be properly presented on your screen.
3) Live Interactions: to make every Participant feel engaged, the Platform additionally offers Live Interaction area for Participants to share views during the webcast in an anonymized way. For this purpose, we need to process your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion. The processing is necessary for the Live Interaction services and based on performance of contract. You can choose not to use such services by not submitting any of your comments.
4) Improvement of the Event: in order to better infer the preference of Participants, verify and improve the quality of webcast contents accordingly, we will analyze the following data of Participants:
This processing is based on our legitimate interest.
5) Survey: when viewing some of the webcasts, the Participants will receive pop-up requests for survey relevant to the webcast topics, either about the technologies or about your career planning. If you choose to conduct the survey, your personal account and the registration data connected, will be processed with your valued opinions and comments submitted. This processing is based on our legitimate interest.
6) Project Approaching: based on your Survey feedback and your consent therein, we would further contact you for workshop, POC or ordering requests. In such cases, your requests connected to your personal account will be needed. You can exercise your right of withdrawal through the same contact channel when we contact you or according to section 4 of this statement.
7) Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM: to email the below content to your preferences
This processing is based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent through the “Unsubscribe” option in any of EDM Email or according to section 4 of this statement.
8) Lucky Draw: in the DigitALL Night 2020 session, after the completion of Survey, student participants have the chance to be qualified and admitted into the Lucky Draw activities, subject to his/her agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Lucky Draw. Although joining of lucky draw activities is based on your voluntary choices, but the notification and processing of delivery data is based on performance of contract according to the T&C you agreed. Without such personal data, you can’t receive the prize.
9) Technical Support: In case of abnormal technical trouble during the HCE 2020, you can contact our Technical Support team for further support (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your personal account, and other personal data related to the detailed issues you encountered can be processed. This processing is based on performance of contract. Without such personal data, we can’t provide you the necessary technical support.
10) Talent Pool for Students: If you register as a student participant through the DigitALL Night 2020 session, and based on your consent, we would use your Email, First Name and Last Name, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, Telephone (optional) to file you in our talent pool and further contact you for recruitment purposes. You have the right to withdraw your consent as described in Section 4 of this statement.
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We are committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
The data retain period may vary with scenario and service. After the retention period expires, we will erase or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise agreed in this Statement or required by laws and regulations.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Category||Retention period|
|Event Registration and notification||For business participants
Your First Name, Last Name, Telephone (optional), Country/Region, Company, Job Title, Industry
|For student participants
Your Email, First Name and Last Name, Country/Region, University/Institution, field of study, telephone (optional)
|Viewing of Webcast||Your IP address and Device type (PC/Mobile)||2 Years|
|Live Interactions||Your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion||2 Years|
|Improvement of the Event||Your IP Location, Enter Time, Leave Time, Duration, Device type (PC/Mobile)||2 Years|
|For student participants
Your personal account accompanied with, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, entering and leaving time, how did you know about digital night
|Survey||Your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion||2 Years|
|Project Approaching||Your POC requirement and Project requirement connected to your personal account||2 Years|
|Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM||For business participants
Your Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, your interested session, and Industry
|Until you withdraw consent|
|For student participants
Your Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/ Region, University/ Institution name, field of Study
|Lucky Draw||Your personal account，contact info and Post Address||2 Years|
|Technical Support||Your personal account, and other personal data related to the detailed technical troubles you encountered||2 Years|
|Talent Pool for Student||Your Email, First Name and Last Name, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, Telephone||Until you withdraw consent|
1) Disclosure of your personal data outside of the [EU]:
|Scenarios/purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose||Mechanism for cross-border transfer|
Event management and Technical support
|We procured server supplier who also provide registration service. The supplier deployed the server in
Singapore, so all of your data processed for the above purposes (other than forming a talent pool) will be in
Other than conducting Technical Support by the technicians of such server supplier from China as descripted above, the supplier has not authorization to access the personal data stored on their server.
|We comply with applicable legal requirements for providing adequate safeguards by incorporating
the [EU Commission standard data protection model clauses] in such transfer.
You can request for a copy through the Privacy Portal.
|Viewing of Webcast
||To verify you are registered Participants and delivery webcast, your email address will be shared from Singapore to our webcast supplier in China.|
|Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM||We use the EDM service supplier who deployed system in China, so all of your relevant data will be
transferred from the server in Singapore to China, while only the system administrator has authorized to
access to the data stored in China.
|Talent Pool for Students||We use the iJob system deployed in China, so your relevant data will be disclosed to our affiliate in China providing the system.|
2) Disclosure of your personal data within the [EU]:
|Scenarios/purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose|
|Event Registration||To share the status of registration, and attract more participants, we will disclose the number of registrants and anonymized information of participants to our local affiliates.|
|Live Interactions||To verify and improve the performance of HCE 2020, we generate and share the statistic report or evaluation of the HCE 2020, and share to our local business team.|
|Improvement of the Event|
|Project Approaching based on consent in Survey||To respond your request of workshop, POC or ordering in the Survey and share with you more about our
products, solutions and services, the relevant data will be shared to our customer development suppliers, and
then to Huawei local MKT team or Huawei channel partners.
|EDM for business participants||Provide you the local customized promotions, all the EU affiliates will have access to your information in EDM system|
|EDM for student participants||All the EU affiliates will have access to the Talent Pool system so as to send out tailored EDM in local language.|
3) Disclosures related to legal requirements and business transactions
We may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on an applicable law or in connection with legal proceeding or process.
Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to Huawei affiliates or the third-parties.
You can enter into the Privacy Portal to exercise your rights of data subject as listed below:
If you think that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with your data protection authority.
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to you. For example, if we are aware of a personal data breach concerning your, we may attempt to contact you in various method.
We value your opinions. If you have questions or comments related to this privacy statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through our Privacy Portal.
You can also contact us regarding the HCE 2020 at email@example.com
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement as we may change it from time to time. If we make changes to this Statement, we will notify you by an appropriate method.
Last updated: Oct 2020