From the information age to the present, the job of networks has evolved from providing reliable connections to offering open, simple, and secure platforms to enable digital transformation. Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is a technology enabling network transformation. It improves network usage, simplifies network O&M, automates deployment of network resources, creates simpler and wider terminal interconnections in the IoT sector, implements free mobility of campus network services, and offers on-demand enterprise interconnections. By leveraging SDN, enterprises can define their own networks and modify networks to support digital upgrades.
SDN in data center networks: The CloudFabric solution leverages SDN technology to create simple, efficient, and open cloud data center networks. This solution automates network deployment to enable service provisioning in minutes and provides refined O&M and minute-level intelligent fault location. With these features, CloudFabric can build the world’s largest SDN network that supports flexible service scaling, empowering efficient operation of cloud services.
SDN in campus networks: SDN is combined with cloud technology to offer cloud-managed services throughout the entire lifecycle of a campus network, enabling quick network deployment, simplified management, and extensive applications. Moreover, Huawei offers solutions and products tailored for different scenarios, and is able to deliver wireless networks suitable for all wireless access scenarios to ensure the ultimate user experience. Huawei’s wired and wireless convergence solution provides enterprise users with consistent use and management experience on both wired and wireless networks, while greatly simplifying the operations, maintenance, and management of campus networks.
SDN in cloud data center interconnection: The CloudDCI solution builds high-speed, efficient, and green cloud Data Center Interconnect (DCI) networks to support efficient operation of cloud services. This solution uses SDN to implement minute-level service provisioning and automated network control, ensuring real-time delivery of cloud services. The SDN architecture significantly improves the network resource utilization and reduces bandwidth fees through efficient traffic scheduling. CloudDCI can help you build an SDN-based cloud DCI network to support long-term evolution of cloud services.
SDN Technology in the IoT: EC-IoT innovatively applies edge computing and cloud managed platforms to the IoT field, which enables:
- Local real-time processing, response time in milliseconds
- Tens of millions of terminals managed, cloud-based O&M
- Multi-level openness, 50% improved integration efficiency
SDN Technology on Enterprise Interconnection Networks: CloudEPN supports SD-WAN and CloudVPN modes, meeting customers’ service requirements in different phases. CloudEPN also achieves:
- Shortened service provisioning time (from 30 days to 20 minutes)
- High cost-effectiveness, WAN costs reduced by 50%
- Customized priority, better experience
SDN Technology on Network Security: SDN technology builds a highly efficient, flexible, and ubiquitous security defense system.
- The Agile Controller schedules services uniformly and builds a cloud-pipe-device threat defense system in data center, campus, Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD), and IoT scenarios
- Precise defense based on Big Data — detects 12 types of threats with a detection accuracy of 99% or greater
- On-demand security service provisioning: Function virtualization, on-demand, and self-help subscription of 12 types of Valued-Added Services (VASs) in the cloud