Enterprise products, solutions & services
Innovative Data Infrastructure Forum (hereinafter referred to as “IDI Forum”) is an event organized through the online and offline platform https://events03.huawei.com/OnlineForm/register/371321709/register.html?site=de&formId=5059&way=online (hereinafter the “Platform”) by Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH, a company duly incorporated and exists under the laws of Germany, and its registered office located at Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" or "our"). This year, we offer offline sessions after your online registration.
We take your privacy seriously, and take all appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the industry's well-established safety standards. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Table of Contents
I． How do we process your personal data and what is the legal basis?
II． How do we retain your personal data?
III． How do we share your personal data?
IV． What are your rights and choices?
V． How to contact us?
VI． Update to this statement
• register as a business participants for the IDI Forum: after your choice of online or offline participation (with the place of offline venue), your Email, Telephone (optional), First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, and Industry will be processed. As online participant, you are welcomed to watch IDI Forum keynote.
This processing is based on performance of contract of providing you the session in the IDI Forum at your choice of participation.
1) Viewing of Livestream: In order to enable you to watch the livestream, we will process your personal data as below:
1. If you just watch livestream without login and interaction, we won’t process your personal data.
2. If you login to watch the livestream, your account personal data including your email, first name, last name, country/region, company, job title, and Industry will be processed
This processing is based on the performance of contract.
2) Improvement of the Event: in order to better infer the preference of Viewers, verify and improve the quality of webcast contents accordingly, we will analyze the following data of Viewers:
• If you login to watch the livestream, your personal accounts information accompanied with the field of industry will be processed. We will additionally analyze your session duration, entering and leaving time, IP address, country/ region and device type for the recordings.
This processing is applicable for all viewers, and based on our legitimate interest.
3) Survey: when participating the IDI Forum online or in the offline venue, the viewers will receive pop-up requests of survey or be disseminated the hardcopy of survey relevant to the topics, either about the technologies or about your career planning. If you choose to conduct the survey, your personal account and the registration data connected, including your email, first name, last name, country/region, company, industry, job title and your interested session will be processed with your valued opinions and comments submitted. This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants and based on our legitimate interest.
4) Project Approaching: based on your Survey feedback and your consent therein , we would further contact business participants for workshop, POC or ordering requests. In such cases, your requests connected to your personal account will be needed. This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants and based on your consent. You can exercise your right of withdrawal through the same contact channel when we contact you or according to section 4 of this statement.
5) Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM: after obtaining your consent during the online registration, we will email the promotion contents to your preferences
• For business participants, we will process the Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, and Industry, in order to send you the preferred session links, latest information of products, solutions and services available for your region
This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants, and is based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent through the “Unsubscribe” option in any of EDM Email or according to section 4 of this statement.
Specific Statement for EDM: Huawei EU subsidiaries and Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf are joint controller for EDM activity, for EDM privacy statement please read it at: https://e.huawei.com/uk/special_topic/event/2022q2/2022-WEU-EDM-Privacy-Statement.
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We are committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
The data retain period may vary with scenario and service. After the retention period expires, we will erase or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise agreed in this Statement or required by laws and regulations.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Category||Retention period|
|Event Registration and notification||
For business participants
Your First Name, Last Name, Telephone (optional), Country/Region, Company, Job Title, Industry
|1 year after the activity ends|
|Viewing of Livestream||When you login, your account personal data, as well as you IP address, Device type (PC/Mobile), length of viewing will be processed|
|Improvement of the Event||Your IP Location, Enter Time, Leave Time, Duration, Device type (PC/Mobile)|
|Survey||Your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion||1 year after the activity ends|
|Survey||Your personal account, and the content you submitted for discussion|
|Project Approaching||Your POC requirement and Project requirement connected to your personal account||Until you withdraw consent|
Unless otherwise stated hereunder, your personal data will be stored in China & France .
(1) Disclosure out of the EU/EEA.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose||Cross-border transfer involved||Mechanism for cross-border transfer|
|Project Approaching||We use system deployed in China, to store your name, email, country/ region, telephone, company, job title, and industry, your survey feedback, Your POC requirement and Project requirement connected to your personal account while only the system administrator has authorized to access to the data stored in China.||Yes||/|
(2) Disclosure within the EU/EEA.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose|
We procured supplier who provide registration and storage service, your name, email,
telephone, company, job title, and industry will be processed. Your personal
information will be processed
by them on behalf of us and under the protection of relevant data processing
agreement. Their server located
(1) For viewers of livestream: To share the status of registration, and attract more participants, we only disclose the number of registrants and anonymized information of participants to our local affiliates.
(2) For participants of offline session: this year we have offline venue for the IDI Forum. In order to have our local affiliates in EU/EEA to coordinate offline participants on our behalf, we will disclose your data provided for registration.
|Improvement of the Event||To verify and improve the performance of IDI Forum, we generate and share the statistic report or evaluation of the IDI Forum, and share to our local business team in EU/EEA.|
|Survey||For participants of offline session : we will have our local affiliates in EU/EEA to collect your survey feedback on our behalf and transfer to us.|
|Project Approaching based on consent in Survey||To respond your request of workshop, POC or ordering in the Survey and share with you more about our products, solutions and services, the relevant data will be shared to our customer development suppliers, and then to Huawei local MKT team or Huawei channel partners in EU/EEA.|
(3) Exceptional disclosures related to legal proceedings or business transactions
We may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on an applicable law or in connection with legal proceeding or process.
Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to Huawei affiliates or the third-parties.
You can enter into the Privacy Portal to exercise your rights of data subject as listed below:
• The right to receive confirmation about the data processing and a copy of the processed data (right to access, Art. 15 GDPR);
• The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data (right to rectification, Art. 16 GDPR);
• The right to demand the erasure of personal data. This right applies in particular when your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. (right to erasure, Art. 17 GDPR);
• The right to demand the restriction of the data processing in certain cases (right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR);
• The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller (right to data portability, Art. 20 GDPR);
• The right to object the data processing in order to stop it, if applicable (right to object, Art. 21 GDPR);
• If applicable, the right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before the withdrawal (right to withdraw consent, Art. 7 GDPR);
• you are entitled to lodge a complaint with your data protection authority (right to lodge complaint, Art. 77 GDPR).
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to you. For example, if we are aware of a personal data breach concerning your, we may attempt to contact you in various method.
We value your opinions. If you have questions or comments related to this privacy statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through our Privacy Portal.
The contact information of the Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH as the controller are as follows:
Office of the data protection officer
You can also lodge a complaint with your data protection authority, or the Data Protection Officer of North Rhine-Westphalia (where Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH has its headquarters).
Address: Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Postfach 20 04 44
Tel: 0211 / 38424-0
Fax: 0211 / 38424-10
You can also contact us regarding the IDI Forum at OceanStor@huawei.com
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement as we may change it from time to time. If we make changes to this Statement, we will notify you by an appropriate method.
Last updated: February 27, 2023