From the information age to the present, the job of networks has evolved from providing reliable connections to offering open, simple, and secure platforms to enable digital transformation. Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is a technology enabling network transformation. It improves network usage, simplifies network O&M, automates deployment of network resources, creates simpler and wider terminal interconnections in the IoT sector, implements free mobility of campus network services, and offers on-demand enterprise interconnections. By leveraging SDN, enterprises can define their own networks and modify networks to support digital upgrades.
SDN Technology on Data Center Networks (DCN): Huawei CloudFabric builds a simple, open, and elastic DCN. DCNs built with CloudFabric feature:
- Fully automated service provisioning within minutes
- Refined O&M, smart fault location within minutes
- The industry’s largest-capacity networking capability, flexible service scalability
SDN Technology on Campuses: Huawei leverages cloud technology to provide cloud-based campus network management services that are characterized by “faster deployment”, “simplified administration”, and “richer applications”. Purpose-built products and solutions provide Wi-Fi access in all scenarios, enabling the optimal network experience. In order to fully utilize both wired and wireless networks, Huawei implements wired and wireless convergence that delivers a consistent user experience and simplifies campus network O&M.
SDN Technology in the IoT: EC-IoT innovatively applies edge computing and cloud managed platforms to the IoT field, which enables:
- Local real-time processing, response time in milliseconds
- Tens of millions of terminals managed, cloud-based O&M
- Multi-level openness, 50% improved integration efficiency
SDN Technology on Enterprise Interconnection Networks: CloudEPN supports SD-WAN and CloudVPN modes, meeting customers’ service requirements in different phases. CloudEPN also achieves:
- Shortened service provisioning time (from 30 days to 20 minutes)
- High cost-effectiveness, reduce WAN costs by 50%
- Customized priority, better experience
SDN Technology on Network Security: SDN technology builds a highly efficient, flexible, and ubiquitous security defense system.
- The Agile Controller schedules services uniformly and builds a cloud-pipe-device threat defense system in data center, campus, Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD), and IoT scenarios
- Precise defense based on Big Data — detects 12 types of threats with a detection accuracy of 99% or greater
- On-demand security service provisioning: Function virtualization, on-demand, and self-help subscription of 12 types of Valued-Added Services (VASs) in the cloud