Countries all around the world are adopting a citizen-centric approach to government by actively disclosing information and offering public services via public networks. Despite significant progress made in recent years, governments still face great challenges in providing public services.
To alleviate these problems, Huawei and its partners have introduced an online service system that helps governments build eGovernment application platforms. The platforms integrate a number of online services, including information disclosure, project approval, service handling, government policy discussion, and supervision of government efficiency.
The online service system offers a unified access portal for all government agencies to handle services online. It expands government service channels and facilitates online service handling for the public, and improves public satisfaction. Major functions of the online service system include:
- Disclosure of government information: Government portals and websites share information and increase service transparency. Information covers a wide range of government activities such as the latest news, regular meetings, police and judicial activities, policies and regulations, and major projects. Open public service processes are highly convenient in handling individual and enterprise services
- Investment approvals: A unified service access portal for enterprises combines investment approval information from different agencies, increasing approval speed. Investment information includes investment policies, news, categories, and sources of funding
- Online services: Services are classified by target users and their requirements. Integrated services include user guidance, file downloads, status queries, online consultations, online applications, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Industry-specific services and streamlined service processes effectively meet user requirements
- Government and citizen interaction: The platform combines government websites, online petition systems, and leadership mailboxes to offer open online channels for political engagement
- Citizen page: Provides citizens and enterprises with convenient information services, including water, electricity, and payment of gas fees
- Sharing government information makes services transparent to citizens
- Speeds investment approvals
- Industry-specific service resources streamline service processes
- Communication channels encourage political engagement and smooth government-citizen interactions